All AUC alumni are eligible to apply for membership to the AUC Libraries.
Process of Library Access and Membership
All AUC alumni are eligible to apply for a membership in the AUC Libraries. Apply in person at the circulation desk at AUC New Cairo campus.
- Issue your alumni ID card through the Alumni office.
- Fill in the Library membership form.
- The Library services team will review the application within one working day in case of pending documents or overdue payments. (In case you already have an AUC alumni ID, check Library records with the Library services team to be cleared for renewal. To be eligible for Library membership renewal, alumni with previous library membership need to return any overdue borrowed Library items or pay any overdue fines or replacement charges).
- Once the application is complete for eligibility, the Library services team will guide the applicant through the payment process.
- The Library membership fee for alumni is EGP 80 for a one-year membership from the date of payment.
- Once payment is processed, the Library services team will activate the alumni ID card for Library access within one working day.
Alumni Membership Benefits
- Borrowing privileges following the Library circulation policy.
- Access to the AUC Library through seating reservation using an AUC email account (maximum 24 hours in advance).
- On-site access to the Library facilities and collections.
- Reference support through subject librarians.
- Research assistance through 24/7 Chat.
- Usage of document delivery and printing services on fee-basis.
Important Note: Off-campus access to AUC Library electronic databases is not available for alumni due to licensing restrictions. Alternatively, open-access resources are available here and for Egyptian citizens through the Egyptian Knowledge Bank.